Heidi's Highland Wildflower Mix
Heidi’s Highland mix was created for our Mountainous regions in the Southwest Four Corners region. It is a blend of annuals and perennial wildflowers. The annuals are added to the mix to bloom the year that you plant while the perennials will start to bloom when they reach maturity the second year. If you allow flowers to go to seed and Then scratch the seeds into the soil beneath the plants in the fall, there is a good likelihood you will continue to propagate the annuals in subsequent years. Created for elevations in the 7,000 – 10,000′ elevation range, these plants are winter hardy. These are relatively drought tolerant plants but there is an assumption that the higher elevations get more summer moisture than the lower altitudes. If you don’t get summer moisture then supplemental moisture may be critical for establishment and good blooms.
The seeding rate is 0.25 lbs/1000 ft²
Min. Precipitation: 15”-20"
- Shasta Daisy White Perennial
- Lewis Flax Sky Blue Perennial
- Rocky Mtn Penstemon Blue/Purple Perennial
- Purple Aster Purple Perennial
- Blackeyed Susan Yellow Perennial
- White Yarrow White Perennial
- California Poppy Orange Annual
- Scarlet Flax Scarlet Annual
- Bachelor Button Deep Blue Annual